Supporting Each Other
WAYS TO SUPPORT NORTHSIDE BUSINESS
- Order take-out from one of the restaurants in the graphic below(and tip well).
- Leave a positive review for a Northside business on Google or Facebook
- Purchase a gift card from a local restaurant or retailer. Options from chamber members are below:
- City of Asylum Bookstore - purchase online here
- Huszar - call 412-322-8795 to purchase
- Max's Allegheny Tavern - call 412-231-1899 to purchase (special - buy $50, get $10 free!)
- Mayfly Market - call 412-322-1300 to purchase
- Mike's Beer Bar - purchase online here
- Modern Cafe - call 412-321-4550 to purchase
- Penn Brewery - purchase online here
- Refucilo Winery - purchase online here
- Siempre Algo - purchase online here
DONATE TO NORTHSIDE ORGANIZATIONS
The work of Northside non-profit organizations has not stopped during the pandemic. In some cases, it's increased while funding has decreased. Consider donating to the below organizations that are chamber members.
- Apraxia Kids is a national organization with headquarters in Pittsburgh that is continuing with their important work helping children with speech apraxia. Information about how to help is here.
- Brother's Brother Foundation has provided PPE and other medical equipment locally and around the world, is inviting emergency fundraising at https://brothersbrother.org/.
- City of Asylum is still housing and protecting several exiled writers and is inviting donations at www.alphabetcity.org/donate/.
- Humane Animal Rescue is still operating with adapted procedures and hours. Info about donations is at www.humaneanimalrescue.org/covid-19/.
- Light of Life Rescue Mission is raising funds through a virtual walk at www.charityfootprints.com/Walk2020/eventdetails and also has info about all ways to help in response to COVID-19 at https://www.lightoflife.org/covid19/.
- National Aviary is closed and needs $120,000 per month for their conservation and animal care activities, so has information about emergency fundraising at www.aviary.org/Make-a-Donation.
- Northside Common Ministries has introduced curbside pickup for the pantry and is serving many more people. Donation information is at www.northsidefoodpantry.org/donate-cash.
- Pressley Ridge is raising money for vital needs (technology, food, utilities) for families at www.pressleyridge.org/vitalneeds.html.
- The Pittsburgh Project is raising funds and collecting items for local families at www.pittsburghproject.org/covid19.
- Urban Impact is running a campaign to complete 14,000 acts of service. More information is at www.uifpgh.org/covid-response.
- YMCA - Allegheny Branch is still housing 100 men and has an Amazon wishlist at www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1NK1UU1NMBZ6I. They are also inviting monetary donations at www.pittsburghymca.org/give/covid-relief.